Northern Falls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Falls Pack is a Semi-Realistic Wolf RolePlay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
News
Welcome to the Northern Falls Pack, we are a new pack based from WolfQuest. Please remain active in posting on here and the Thread.
Latest topics
» Dimness Profound By Luna Ad Noctum
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:22 am by Guest

» Cats Musical Memory Lyrics Andrew Lloyd Webber
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 am by Guest

» Ninja Training Book Pdf
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 am by Guest

» Making Chocolate Nut Bark
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:01 am by Guest

» Guest Thread
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 am by Guest

» Character Relations Discussion
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:17 am by Melloette

» Mountain Pass
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:59 am by Melloette

» Alliteration Sensation!
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 pm by Melloette

» Everything but Yes and No
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:28 pm by Melloette

» The Densite
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:33 am by Ice

» Cliff of Fate
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:08 pm by Melloette

» Northern Fall
Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:49 am by Cheshire

Season and Weather
It is currently summer here at the Northern Falls. Days are long and hot, and nights are cold. Can you find a warm spot to spend the night?
Top posters
Ayla
Cliff of Fate I_vote_lcapCliff of Fate I_voting_barCliff of Fate I_vote_rcap 
Duxav
Philo
Melloette
Ice
Cheshire
Karla

Cliff of Fate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Duxav
General
Duxav

Wolf Info:
Crush/Mate:: None

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am

Cliff of Fate Bandelier-Cliff_face_and_valley

{C L I F F - O F - F A T E}

The cliff, is dangerous and steep, one must watch their step or face what lies below, jagged rocks and hard ground. Will luck be with your step as you pass down?
Back to top Go down
https://northernfallspack.rpg-board.net
Melloette
General
Melloette

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Cliff of Fate 1337091338_45640c8c_1337091532

Being of the clumsy sort, the sandy female knew that a "fall" of the cliff would look as though she had just lost her footing. By now, she thought that they might know well enough that she was not of the balanced sorts. Her movements were contradictions to her voice. She had not been raised in wooded areas. She had been raised on sandy beaches where jellyfish and manta rays were as normal as the sun rising every day.

Every now and again, though, a shark or a whale would wash up on the sands. They would feast. She missed those times. The times when she was too oblivious to hear the snark "Smelly Melly" insults that Siyren and her friends would whisper behind her back. However, they had gotten through at some point. At which point, she did not remember, but after then, things had only gotten worse. But, the most terrible thing, was that Circe, her only friend, would not stand up to her sister.

Melloette felt as though her beige sister idolized Siyren. She was always at her [Siyren's] beck and call. Why, Melloette never knew, but it hurt to know that even her own friends would choose the meanie that was Siyren over her. Ears pressed against her head, Melloette let the wind buffet her fur for a few moments. The openness was welcome. She absolutely hated the closure of the trees. When Philo had followed after, Melloette was deaf to his cry and blind to his presence.

She took another step to the precarious edge. She could not yet see what laid at the bottom, but she knew that it was a long fall. Fall enough to do some serious damage. Her heart pounded with terror.
      Can I do this? she wondered. She had killed before. But her own life? Maybe just a peek over the edge...

The world spun as she looked down at the sharp rocks at the bottom. Immediately, her tail had flung to her underbelly and she had scrambled away from the edge. Well, one thing was for sure - it would be fast, if she did go over. At the moment, though, she just wanted her heart to stop beating so erratically.

Last edited by Melloette on Tue May 15, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ayla
General
Ayla

Wolf Info:
Crush/Mate:: She would not stoop to such a thing

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:45 pm

The white female was a capable runner, but no amount of effort allowed her to catch up to the sandy fae until she had reached the cliff. Ayla steadied her breathing as she slowed her pace to a soft-padded walk, breathing in the scent of exposed rock before the scene was layed out before her as she poked her head through the bushes. Just as she feared, Melloette was at the edge of the cliff, peeking over before something held her back and she stumbled away, but the arctic wolf knew the thoughts would not be clear of her mind yet.

Stepping forward, she sat, curling her tail around her paws as slight concern leaked into the corners of her eyes without her approval. Tilting her head ever so slightly to the side, the female said the first thing that came to mind. "Y'know, you kind of remind me of a butterfly." She was watching the female carefully as she spoke, but didn't elaborate on the words, for she didn't know quite what it was; her lean build? Flighty tendancies? Delicate kindness? It mattered not, for again words came from her mouth.

"Don't do it." again, she left it as a statement. Most would have given some kind of inspiring speech, some passionate and personal reason why she should not take the plunge, but Ayla was not that kind of wolf. She instead allowed an uncommon rawness and realness to seep into her voice instead of its usual silky, lying quality. She meant it with all honesty, a hushed, barely audible whisper following that sealed some kind of definite assumption that she did care. "Please." That single barely uttered word from her represented everything she had to say; every reason and every begging fibre of her body for the female to stay on this side of the cliff.

Settling her smouldering gaze on her, the female watched and waited, her face calm, though it revealed a few barely noticable hints of concern as she tried to stifle the panic and sickness rising in her and clenching at her heart. Too many memories.
Back to top Go down
Melloette
General
Melloette

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:06 pm

"Y'know, you kind of remind me of a butterfly."

"
Don't do it."

"
Please."

However sudden Ayla's appearance was, Melloette was not startled. Really, she felt more numb than anything. The snowy female's first words were bewildering. A butterfly? Whatever that meant, Melloette was sure that it was an insult of some sort. Because, frankly, she was used to just accepting things as an insult rather than mulling over it too much.

Yet, Ayla was telling Melloette not to do it. Her gaze lifted to the female. There was no sign of joy in her usually bright eyes. She was resigned to a fate worse than death. Because living in a place where others had a natural dislike for you, no matter how hard you worked to prove that you were worth it was not a place she wanted to stay. "
      I do not know what you are talking about," she said evenly. It was a lie, but that had become an art for her. She had to hide the pain with fake smiles and forced bubbliness.

For once, she could not meet the other female's eyes. It hurt too much. She couldn't jump. Who was she kidding? She was a wimp. She was too much of a coward to do anything but be submissive. Her body shook as she laid her head on her paws, looking out over the edge of the land. She had not risen to make another attempt, but she wanted to not be pestered about anything.

Melloette heaved a sigh. Ayla did say please...

She sniffed away at the emotion. She stood and looked at Ayla. With as much courage as she could muster, she growled, "
      Just leave me alone!" She darted beyond the white female in a line parallel with the cliff, until she veered to a place where she could stand without being looked upon by prying eyes. There were outward jutting areas in the face of the cliff. One of those might catch her and ruin it. Conversely, it could break her and end it all.

One step closer to the edge.

Ayla
      did say please...

Another, and her paws were flesh with the end of the cliff.

She cares about you. She cares!

Melloette sighed, defeated. She backed away and slunk back to an area away from the edge. She knew all along that she could not do it. That did not take away the pain, though.
      I'm just a stupid thing she thought, glancing over at Ayla. It would be another victory for the pretty white wolf. Melloette was sure that she was used to winning. What could possibly matter that she had just won another sort of battle. One tally would make such a little difference.

But that didn't mean that Melloette did not want to be wanted by someone. Overshadowed by her sisters, ignored by most males (Philo did not really count in her mind, because he flirted with all the females). What was she doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Philo
General
Philo

Wolf Info:
Crush/Mate:: No one

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:21 am

Philo was panting as he came across the two females. He had gotten a little turned around as he was following them, getting slightly lost before finding the trail again and arriving late. Looking over the females it seemed Ayla had talked Melloette out of jumping. For now.

Slowly he plodded over to Melly, giving Ayla a thankful look. He hated to see wolves die, let alone take their own life. Making sure to stand between her and the cliff side he stood panting looking at her, trying to gain his breath. "Melly... Do you... really ever think... that is the answer...?" His voice was honest, with not even a hint of his usual flirty self. "Please... don't try to throw your life away like that..."
Back to top Go down
Ice
Shaman
Ice

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:32 am

Ice ran in at a steady lope, hardly out of breath, she arrived just after Philo and decided to finish his sentence for him. "Ever again, Melloette, you are part of this pack, and we need you in it. Whether or not you think so. Leader or not, you are needed and wanted here." she spoke, her voice even.

The white female took a few deep breaths of air, then turned to Philo. "I followed you, hope you don't mind." Her voice nearly emotionless as it left her muzzle. The white female scanned the earth around her, wanting to remember this place. She spotted a lilac in full bloom, a beautiful sight. Ice could smell the flowers from where she was, so she trotted over and jump onto her hind legs, balancing until she could reach the flower, and took a bundle of them, placing them in front of Melloette.

"Come home," she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Ayla
General
Ayla

Wolf Info:

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:03 am

Ayla's ears flattened against her head as the sand-wolf spoke harshy, venturing closer to the edge as she danced with the idea of death. She seemed to hesitate before rushing off to where the white wolf could not see, causing her heart to rise in her throat even as she kept her face relatively emotionless despite a slight crease in her brow. It made her sick to think that Melloette would just throw her life away, but she knew not what could stop her. Ayla had once tried with words, but it had not worked, so now she hoped only for common sense to reach the female before it was too late.

When Melloette returned, Ayla felt a great deal lighter. Perhaps she had helped? No I haven't. I'm never any help. Regardless a small, genuine smile curved up the ends of her mouth as she looked at Melloette, a sight rarely seen on her face. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she had smiled without it being well calculated and forced.

Then the sounds of pawsteps sounded in her ears and she immediately let her face fall back into an emotionless mask - she would not let others see her brief moment of 'weakness'. Turning her head she saw Philo and that other white wolf come running in straight to Melloette's aid. This was further proof of Ayla's uselessness as they offered comforting words, advice and flowers - something the arctic wolf was incapable of. She raised a brow a little to see the other white wolf that had tried to be so cold before act so kindly, but it did not surprise her. She had seen such actions before when wolves tried to act tougher than how they truly were.

Getting to her paws, Ayla backed away a little, not doing anyone any good by just sitting there wordlessly. She had no words to offer though, instead giving a small incline of her head towards Melloette in acknowledgement before backing up all the way. As soon as she was behind the bushes she turned and left, padding off to where ever her paws would take her, just happy to see that Melloette was safe, at least for now.

The GREAT PLAINS
Back to top Go down
Melloette
General
Melloette

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:30 pm

"Melly... Do you... really ever think... that is the answer..."

The slight female looked up at Philo. She had planned on not saying anything, but it slipped - and so did her temper. "Yes. All the time. And don't call me Melly," she snapped. The female was on her feet now, tail thrashing behind her. Melloette was unreasonably angry. She knew it, but there was no lid to put on her temper.

"Please... don't try to throw your life away like that..."

She stared at the male, baffled. Why would he care so much. He called her Melly. All it took was adding one letter... No. They weren't like that, were they? They cared, didn't they? There was the white female who made comments about her value. Melloette glared at the two of them - Ayla had left. "You do not know me. Do not assume things - it's a terrible thing." With that said, she remained put. Unlike others, she would not run from her anger.
Back to top Go down
Philo
General
Philo

Wolf Info:

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:24 am

At Ice's arrival, Philo only caste her a passing glance. His focus was on Melloette, to see that she didn't try to fling herself off the cliff. Her outburst toward him, caused the male to step back, his ears lowered. He hadn't been trying to get her angry, quite the opposite. Glancing over at Ayla who had calmed her a bit before he was surprised to find that she was gone. Some help that is, he thought rather annoyed.

His attention back on Melloette, he glared at the female. "No matter what kind of wolf you are it's just plain stupid to destroy yourself like that. It's the quitters way out. Why should everything that you've done in your life add up to nothing? Fine. If you don't really care about anything at all, if nothing in you've ever done, no one you've ever met means anything to you, give up! You've got no one to disappoint then! Then you should have given up before you even took your first breath." Philo stood, his hard stare locked onto Melloette's grey-orange eyes, daring her to do something.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Shaman
Ice

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:33 am

Ice looked at PHilo with fire in her eyes, prepared to slash his muzzle with her claws, but he calmed herself and decided otherwise. Instead, the white female gave Philo a harsh grumble and stalked to the side of the cliff, sitting down to watch the pair bicker. A sly smile slid onto her muzzle as she thought about the two being a couple.

Ice chuckled a little bit at them, shouting at each other about the same thing. 'There is no point to an argue when you are fighting for the same thing,' she thought. The femme didn't care for Philo any more than she would any other wolf she just met, Melloette and Ayla were important to the pack, though, both strong females with a leadership role. As far as Ice could tell, he liked to play games more than lead.
Back to top Go down
Melloette
General
Melloette

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:41 am

The sandy female held Philo's gaze until he looked away. In that moment, she let herself breath a bit calmer. This male was so entirely frustrating. She hated it so much! When he looked back at her with a glare, she glared right back, but his words caused something to shift.

"No matter what kind of wolf you are it's just plain stupid to destroy yourself like that. It's the quitters way out. Why should everything that you've done in your life add up to nothing? Fine. If you don't really care about anything at all, if nothing in you've ever done, no one you've ever met means anything to you, give up! You've got no one to disappoint then! Then you should have given up before you even took your first breath."

The anger and indignant feelings that rose in the female made her chest swell. How dare he speak to her that way? With a snarl, she lunged at him. It wasn't something that she had thought through, so she wound up just bowling him over and rolling away to stand once again and glower with uncontained loathing at the brown male. "I am no quitter. There are some alternatives that are better than living with knowing that your sister was a murderer - killed your siblings - and that you were the last picked for everything. I am invisible to everyone that meets me."

She seethed with anger and raw pain from speaking out her thoughts. She had never spoken it, even to herself. Even then, she believed it. Why would anyone want to waste time on a scrawny little thing when her sisters had been so beautiful? Why bother with a shrimp that was too friendly and was oblivious in all the wrong ways? He had dared her to do something, so in the first time in ages, she had leashed out with her anger. It was always contained and hidden by a forced smile.

So what was his deal about no one that she had met mattering? No one had really honestly given a care about her, so why should they start? Unless...

Melloette looked nervously to Philo, wondering what had driven him to follow
Back to top Go down
Philo
General
Philo

Wolf Info:

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:42 am

Philo could feel some anger directed toward him from Ice but he couldn't look at her right then. His glare was still locked onto Melloette. The male was not ready for her sudden attack and fell easily under her. Philo was quick to lift himself to his paw realising that she hadn't done it to pin him down. Her glare was just as searing as a white hot piece of metal.

"I am no quitter. There are some alternatives that are better than living with knowing that your sister was a murderer - killed your siblings - and that you were the last picked for everything. I am invisible to everyone that meets me."

He almost yelled back 'is that all?' not because he thought his own past was worse, but more because it just felt like an easy retort. Instead he yelled back, a growl evident in his voice, "You really think you're that invisible?! Then why aren't you at the bottom of that cliff right now? Your body never to be found by anyone because they didn't care enough to look? You really think nobody cares when three wolves came up here to stop you from doing something so stupid?! How can you think that you are the last to be picked for everything when Duxav chose YOU to be a leader along with him!?!"

Philo gave a huff, "When I first met you I thought you were better than a wolf not worth my time. But I guess I was wrong. If you don't think good of yourself why should anyone else? Come on, Ice. Melloette apparently doesn't want us here," he emphasised her full name. Turning away from the sandy female, he nudged Ice. "Goodbye," he called back.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Shaman
Ice

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Ice pulled away from Philo. "I will find my own way back." she said sternly. The white female walked over to Mel and dipped her head. "Should I go? If so, I want to wait for a moment, to show Philo that I don't need him to lead me everywhere." she huffed, sitting.

"Melloette, you are not invisible. If you were, why would I be speaking to you if I couldn't see you?"
she smiled. The sandy female could be nice if she had someone to be nice back. That would be the white female. Ice would hold back any anger that built up from Melloette and only be kind in return. "Melloette, would you like to be friends?" she asked, looking at the female.
Back to top Go down
Melloette
General
Melloette

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm

"You really think you're that invisible?! Then why aren't you at the bottom of that cliff right now? Your body never to be found by anyone because they didn't care enough to look? You really think nobody cares when three wolves came up here to stop you from doing something so stupid?! How can you think that you are the last to be picked for everything when Duxav chose YOU to be a leader along with him?! When I first met you I thought you were better than a wolf not worth my time. But I guess I was wrong. If you don't think good of yourself why should anyone else? Come on, Ice. Melloette apparently doesn't want us here. Goodbye."

The slight female had to admit that Philo's words stung. They were barbs aimed at nearly every point of her insecurity. Her head held high and true as she watched him tell Ice to go along with him, because she apparently did not want them there. When his back turned, her head hung with revolt and shame. What have I done? she wondered hopelessly. Her gaze turned to the cliffs. She put up the facade that she would have been able to do that - but she couldn't. She was too much of a baby to really do anything so drastic.

She was not so sure that it was anything to do with her that had made Duxav choose her to be a leader with him. She, Philo, and Ayla had been the first to show up. She was sure that it was that fact that had everything to do with it.

"
Should I go? If so, I want to wait for a moment, to show Philo that I don't need him to lead me everywhere. Melloette, you are not invisible. If you were, why would I be speaking to you if I couldn't see you? Melloette, would you like to be friends?[/center]

Melloette glowered at Ice. If she had not gone all damsel-in-distress on the pack, then none of them would be feeling all obligated to treat her differently. The glare did not hold the heart or energy that it had before though, it was more or less not even a glare at all. Truly, she felt despicable. Shaking her head, the sandy female turned away from Ice. "You misunderstand me. Go with Philo - you obviously have bigger things to worry about than me and my cowardice. I apologize for my behavior. I am usually not like that at all."

Still flustered with everything, Melloette tried to clear out her head with another shake. "
      Just go. I need some time to think," she breathed. However much she would have liked to have conviction, she no longer had it. She stood with not-so-proud posture, but that was because she had felt broken. Melloette hoped that she gave off the impression that she was safe to leave alone, but given the prior circumstances, she figured that Ice would not be leaving. "You came to help. As far as I am concerned, you are a friend."

Shoulders hunched, Melloette found many of her questions to not be answered. She was still curious about Philo's drives. Why would a male like him come after her? Of course, her words - which she regretted terribly - had driven him away. Did that mean that his drives weren't as serious as she thought that they were? The thoughts made her head hurt. Males were downright confusing.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Shaman
Ice

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Ice allowed a small smile, "I will talk to you later then, Melloette." She turned and trotted down, away from the cliff. At the bottom of the hill, she sat. Looking back at the cliff, Ice sighed, then stood, shook away feelings of worry and replaced them with content feelings. She had a friend.

Ice trotted away, a smile on her face and her tail wagging. It stopped as soon as she came into view of Philo, then she followed him from a distance, careful not to make any sound.
Back to top Go down
Ayla
General
Ayla

Wolf Info:

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:33 am

The white she-wolf padded up towards the cliff in silence, even her breaths shallow and soundless in the anticipation of what she might find. She could hear no voices up ahead and she could feel a tension in her shoulders begin to build. What if Philo wasn't as good with words as he let on in his flirting; what if he had let her jump? What if they had failed and Ayla would again have to face a broken form at the bottom of a cliff? She swallowed hard as the bushes in front of her thinned out to reveal the scene on the cliff.

A small sigh of relief escaped between her jaws as she saw the unharmed Melloette standing a safe distance from the edge of the drop. Something in her golden gaze softened as she saw how she held herself a little less proudly than before, but she was still there. Giving a slight shake to her pelt as she removed herself from the bushes, Ayla stepped out and walked over to the edge of the cliff, the tips of her front paws hanging over the lip as she craned her neck to look upon the dizzying sight. Again her stomach lurched at the thought of seeing Melloette lying at the bottom and it was only thanks to her good balance that the thought didn't send her over the edge.

Stepping away, the arctic wolf went to sit by the fae of the sea, her tail curling around her paws as she searched for something to say. Anything. She opened her jaws, then closed them again as she fought for words, but comforting words weren't things that came easily to her. Instead she again said the first thing that came to her mind. "I'm glad you didn't die."

Well, at least you're to the point... Shut up. She frowned a little at the voice in her head as she cleared her throat, remembering why she hadn't stayed in the first place and again she questioned why she had come back at all. Swallowing, she looked away to the trees as though they might magically provide some answers in terms of what she could say - but they were still just trees. Here's a genius idea, how about you just tell her how you feel a little less bluntly and let her know you're happy she's your friend. Good one, except for the part where I don't feel and I don't need friends. Ayla. The sharpness in the voice's word took on that of her brother's and she inwardly flinched.

Turning back to Melloette, she folded one ear back a little awkwardly. "I- you're- I mean-" again, words failed her and she gave a small growl of frustration, her tail lashing out behind her. This. Is. Stupid. she thought in annoyance. Again, her inner voice reprimanded her, taking on more fully the tone of her brother and she gave in, a small sigh escaping her jaws as she looked away.

"Melloette. You are one of the few wolves our species can't afford to lose. Believe it or not you are a great wolf. And even... even one I might just consider calling a- a friend." such kind words tasted bitter on her tongue, even if they were still not well crafted, but she refused to admit some tiny part in her, deep down in the depths of her mind, was pleased to have said them. "Plus, you can't possibly think to leave me alone here with Duxav and Philo." she half-chuckled in an attempt to make her earlier words seem less... soft.

Shifting uncomfortably, she waited for Melloette to be angry at her for her incompetance with kind words and storm of for her lack of compassion.
Back to top Go down
Melloette
General
Melloette

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:00 am

Melloette had been rather shocked to see that Ice had actually left - but that just proved her own ideas that she was not worth the effort. Whatever. You know how you feel. Don't do this wimpy damsel thing anymore - it's unbecoming. Melloette rolled her eyes to the sky and shook her head. What kind of moron had she been? Truthfully, she hardly remembered anything that had taken place from between her arrival at the pack's site to see new members and this moment.

You let it come out, dearie, your true self. Your miserable, despicable self. And all of it is repressed, in a very Freudian way, I might add. How long ago had the last episode been? She had done so well. Keeping herself from delving too far into things. Keeping herself from asking questions. She was so caught up, that she hardly noticed, Ayla until her awkward words were in the air and passing.

"I'm glad you didn't die."

The sandy female was baffled by the statement. Didn't die? What was Ayla talking about? You tried to kill yourself sang the inner voice that she tried to keep hidden. It was the proud, selfish voice of her mind. Not to be confused with hallucinations. Melloette thought that it was delusional. Meanie! it cried in despair. I can be rude to you. You're me. It's everyone else that deserves smiles she told it pointedly. Her gaze was on Ayla at this point, but her mind was definitely elsewhere.

"I - you're - I mean -."

The love of my life! finished the snark filled voice. Melloette could hardly begin to think of how wrong that idea even was and scold her thoughts before she was caught by the remainder of Ayla's words.

"Melloette. You are one of the few wolves our species can't afford to lose. Believe it or not you are a great wolf. And even... even one I might just consider calling a- a friend. Plus, you can't possibly think to leave me alone here with Duxav and Philo."

Melloette found herself smiling as Ayla finished. "Please, you could handle them," she responded lightly. "But-" She said it quickly then paused, wondering what she had said that might have hurt any of them. "I could not possibly leave you to deal with them alone, you are right." When she had finished, the memories of the moments that had been blank filled in - it usually took less time, but she had expected it.

However, these were more painful than she remembered other episodes being. Had she really been that mean to Philo?
      Oh yes, because I like him, and I like to toy with those I like informed her alter thoughts. Melloette rolled her eyes skyward. This was not what she wanted. She knew nothing about love or anything like that. She also wanted nothing to do with it. As if on cue, a mental image of Duxav slid across her mind. What Philo had said was right - Duxav had chosen her over other wolves that had simultaneously gathered. Melloette would have normally called it bad luck, but this time, she was putting her bets on the idea that she had a pretty memorable entrance.

Because, really, how many literally fall into your paws? She was smiling more than she realized when she looked at Ayla again. Realizing that admitting to her that she was the white female's friend must have been a big step, Melloette nuzzled her gently. "
      I am glad to have earned the friendship of one such as yourself, Ayla."
Back to top Go down
Philo
General
Philo

Wolf Info:

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:18 am

Philo didn't even look back as Ice refused to come with him. He didn't care anyway. Melloette had angered him, with her stupid ideas. Ridiculous female! the thought to himself. Is she really that blind to the actual world around her! How could she be so blind in thinking she was invisible?!

The male snorted not understanding females sometimes. Kicking at a rock he released his anger. He gritted his teeth against the pain but continued on his way. After a little while longer he paused to look back. Ice was following him. Also he saw Ayla heading back to the cliff. A snarl curled up his lips and a growl erupted from this throat. These wolves were unlike anything he'd ever met before and he wasn't sure he liked it. Turning away he ran.

~To the Densite
Back to top Go down
Ice
Shaman
Ice

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:32 am

Ice was taken aback from Philo's growl. The female wasn't about to fight for his friendship, but she didn't like enemies. The white wolf walked after him, not in any rush, and enjoyed the scenery around her.

Ice was glad that Mel was her friend, but she couldn't shake the feeling of a stone building in her stomach, based on Philo's reaction to her following him. She picked up the pace to a steady trot and continued on her eay until she was racing through the forest, dodging bushes and trees.

~TO THE DENSITE~
Back to top Go down
Ayla
General
Ayla

Wolf Info:

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:46 am

"Please, you could handle them, but- I could not possibly leave you to deal with them alone, you are right."

Ayla's ears twitched as the female smiled. Smiling was a good sign. Smiling meant that she Melloette probably wouldn't jump any more. Good. That means my job's done. She heard an almost pitying chuckle in her head as the Voice made itself known. Just because she didn't jump doesn't mean you have to leave. The white wolf only rolled her eyes.

"I am glad to have earned the friendship of one such as yourself, Ayla."

The arctic canid whipped her head around at the word, a hard glint to her eye as she suspected some kind of sarcasm in the sand wolf's words. She analysed her for a moment, wondering why there would be such sincerity in her gaze. Still unsure as to whether or not the female was lying, Ayla merely grunted in response, turning her head away and getting to her paws.

Shaking out her coat as though it were covered in snow, the white female decided it would be best if they left the cliffs for the time being, lest similar thoughts over came the sandy female's mind again. She cleared her throat and half turned to her, not wanting to let her see that she cared too much. "Well, if you're done here, we should probably head back now."

Despite seeming lack of concern in her voice, she had still said 'we', subconsciously succumbing to the fact that she would likely be staying with the pack as she headed off towards the DENSITE.
Back to top Go down
Melloette
General
Melloette

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:08 pm

At Ayla's grunt and hard look, Melloette took a step back. Had she done something wrong?

It would make sense...Shaking her head, she took one last look at the cliffs - but this was a look filled with terror. Melloette hated heights. So much that she was baffled that she had lasted here so long. Ayla was leaving, presumably stating that they should head back to where the others would be gathered if she was done here.

More than happy to get away from the terrible place, Melloette followed after Ayla. The white female was, despite her previous arguments, staying, it seemed.

//lame//to densite//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cliff of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff of Fate   Cliff of Fate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cliff of Fate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Northern Falls  :: Northern Falls RolePlay :: The Pack's Borders :: Cliff of Fate-
Jump to: